Culture & careers
Director, Design and Production
Red Privet is looking for a full-time Director, Design and Production to lead our user experience design and media production and act as the bridge between our UX strategists and technical development.
- Establish the overall creative strategies and production services and drive alignment of them within the organizational strategy.
- Translate work coming from user research and strategy work into working design systems that are elegant in both their appearance and usefulness.
- Ability to think strategically and extend existing brand identity systems into new visual concepts and digital experiences.
- Work with teams to define interaction and visual style systems to drive the design of large enterprise websites, portals, and mobile applications.
- Work with clients to understand digital acquisitions strategies and ensure they are complemented from both a design and technical perspective.
- Lead development of storyboards, wireframes, style tiles, visual comps, and prototypes.
- Lead teams in and personally execute high-end visual and interaction designs for a wide variety of clients across a range of digital platforms including Web, mobile, touch-screen, etc.
- Ability to explain and defend design rationale and decisions.
- Lead teams in and personally produce detailed visual specifications and production-ready assets for developers.
- Excellent client presentation skills to successfully articulate design concepts to internal teams and clients.
- Strong ability to work iteratively and collaboratively with researchers, CX/UX designers, developers, clients.
- Effective time management skills to produce detailed, quality work within tight timeframes and to manage multiple projects.
- Enthusiasm to participate in the full design and development cycle to ensure that creative innovations in user-centered design are faithfully delivered to our clients.
- Develop production and creative staff and consult with senior management team on strategic projects.
- Provide strategic guidance to teams based on goals, objectives and company processes.
- Support new business development activities, as needed.
- Minimum 4 years experience designing digital products and services (agency background preferred).
- Fluency with common design software (Axure, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint/Keynote) for the creation of visual design artifacts and presentations.
- Working knowledge and experience with interaction design and human factors, user-centered experience design and the CX/UX process.
- Strong knowledge of accessible and inclusive design concepts and guidelines.
- Demonstrated visual skill in producing visual concepts, mockups, icons and other assets.
- Strong design foundation including adept use of grids, typography, color harmony, imagery, etc.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and browser capabilities.
- A strong online or electronic portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn ideas into a compelling and unique creative vision.
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to technical and business teams with passion and diplomacy.
- Experience creating responsive designs as well as designs for mobile apps, touch-screen devices and other emerging technologies a preferred.
- Experience with system design a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Willingness to submit to drug screening and background check (client requirement).
- Solid formal academic background in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Communication Arts Design or Digital Arts Design or commensurate work experience field required (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred).
How to Apply.
Send your resume and portfolio to: email@example.com
No phone calls please. No third parties.