Culture & careers
Back to culture
Senior- to Principal-level Customer Experience Designer (Freelance)
Red Privet is looking for a freelance, seasoned designer with demonstrated leadership to work on long- and short-term design projects (mobile and responsive web).
- Work directly with client project teams to facilitate design sessions, provide feedback on wireframes, and lead definition of patterns and standards.
- Collaborate and with clients, team members, and other stakeholders to translate rough ideas and opportunities into clear concept models, tangible prototypes, and elegant screen designs.
- Participate in and facilitate customer research and usability testing activities.
- Be a champion for users’ needs from requirements gathering through solution definition.
- Develop information architecture, interaction flows and user interface deliverables, including wireframe mockups, detailed visual design mockups, storyboards, flow diagrams, etc.
- Elicit requirements and fully document design work products.
- Participate in the full design and development cycle to ensure that creative innovations in user-centered design are faithfully delivered to our clients.
- Participate with Red Privet project teams, report status and escalate issues appropriately.
- Minimum 2 years user-centered design experience (3+ preferred).
- Demonstrated skill applying user-centered design practices, e.g., using ethnography data, user needs analysis, participatory design, end-user observation data, and usability testing data to influence design decisions.
- Strong design facilitation skills leading project teams in participatory and collaborative design sessions.
- Strong application of interaction design best practices.
- Clear understanding of usability heuristics and experience performing real-time design evaluations.
- Demonstrated experience solving complex user (cognitive) problems through visual design, interaction design, and usability expertise.
- Has performed various information architecture tasks including site maps, content matrixes, customer scenarios, flow diagrams, wireframes, card sorting, labeling schemes.
- Ability to rapidly sketch out user-flows with pencil and paper, whiteboards, or post-it notes.
- Strong experience developing interactive prototypes and documentation to aid evaluation of designs for complex applications. Experience with Axure a plus.
- Strong design foundation including adept use of grids, typography, color harmony, etc.
- Has designed for accessibility, Section 508-compliance.
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to technical and business teams with passion and diplomacy.
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Willingness to submit to drug screening and background check (client requirement).
How to Apply
Send your resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. No third parties.