Great experience design begins with understanding customers and their needs. But exactly what does it mean for a business to “understand” its customers? Is it simply a matter of tracking their behavior and activities? Is it about having models like personas and segmentation? Or does customer understanding entail something more?
In this webinar our guest speaker, Forrester Analyst Allegra Burnette, and Red Privet President Matt Hummel will share their experience into what customer understanding practices sophisticated businesses use. You’ll learn:
- A model for the “layers of customer understanding” that companies need to drive experience design
- How smart companies combine insights from multiple layers to make decisions
- What a balanced research portfolio that accommodates these layers looks like
- Examples from a variety of companies—from Walgreens to Etsy to Kaiser Permanente
- Special implications for customer understanding in healthcare and health insurance
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
Principal Analyst serving Customer Experience Professionals, Forrester Research
Allegra Burnette is a Principal Analyst at Forrester Research, serving customer experience professionals. Prior to joining Forrester in May 2014, Allegra was the creative director of digital media at The Museum of Modern Art, New York, where she oversaw design and production across interpretive technology, including the museum’s website, MoMA.org, as well as mobile apps and sites, kiosks, and other digital displays.
President, Red Privet